MEDIA1. VIFF grants a limited number of complimentary media passes for all Journalists who publish or produce content on a regular basis for established media outlets. If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers must also be on assignment. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are not valid assignments.
2. If you are applying for more than one person from your media outlet (journalist, camera, producer, etc.), please note that you must submit individual applications for each member of your team.
3. To be considered for media accreditation, the applicant must be directly and actively involved in the coverage of VIFF 2018. Only actively covering, legitimate media will be considered for credentials. If you are a social media influencer, please apply for the Social Media Influencer credential.
Analysts, Market Researchers, Marketing / Advertising firms, Brand Content Producers, Publicists, Consultants, Media Coaches, Educators, Filmmakers, etc. are not included in our definition of media.
SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCERS
2. The applicant must have an established history of posting content on social media platforms. Previous postings must be highly visible, respected and widely recognized. Posts must NOT feature items such as profanity, spam, adult-oriented material, and/or other inappropriate activities.
3. To be considered for accreditation, the applicant must be directly and actively involved in the coverage of VIFF 2018; and must be willing to post about specific films and other festival events, as requested by the Media Office. Only actively covering influencers will be considered for credentials. If you are a Journalist, please apply for the Media credential.
4. Only 1 pass will be granted per influencer. Approval of your application will be based on your social media's engagement, reach, impressions and coverage plan for VIFF 2018.
VIFF 2018 Press Conference
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Media Database Additions
For all immediate media inquiries regarding the Vancouver International Film Festival and the year-round programming at the Vancouver International Film Centre please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org