Music BC's SOUNDOFF Applications
Presented by Music BC, SOUNDOFF is a platform for local musicians to perform live in front of world-class music supervisors and learn about song placement and sync licensing in film and TV.
Selected artists will be invited to play a short set at the VIFF Amp Music in Film Summit (Oct. 6–8, 2022) and will have an opportunity to receive feedback and learn more about songwriting for film and television and gain valuable insight into placing music in visual media.
Applicants may also be considered to perform for audiences and delegates as part of a music showcase at VIFF Amp.
Since the launch of SOUNDOFF in 2017, over 50 artists & musicians have participated in the program including Bukola, IAMTHELIVING, Desiree Dawson, Riun Garner, Teon Gibbs, Ocie Elliott, Biawanna, FRANKIIE, Titus Calderbank, Sam The Astronaut, HAVYN, Noble Son, Glass Forest and more.
- Artists must be available to perform live at SOUNDOFF on October 9th, 2021.
- The majority of performing members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. For SOUNDOFF, the majority of performing members must have resided in BC for a period of six months prior to and at the time of application.
- Artists should have a current album or digital release (within the last 24 months, or the upcoming 6 months).
- Applicants must be able to perform original material.
- Artists will not be given the opportunity to select which showcase they perform on.
- Performing artists will receive an honorarium for their performance.
Music BC and VIFF are committed to offering opportunities to those who are often under or misrepresented in the music industry and beyond. We value a diverse and inclusive industry that’s reflective of manifold interests and encourage applications from individuals that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, neurotype, disability, racialization, status as an Indigenous person, political belief, religion, marital or family status, low income or low economic status.
- Applications close July 31 at 5 PM (PDT)
- Artists will be curated by a jury of local industry members, VIFF and Music BC
- Selected artists will be notified directly by email.
Applications are now closed.