A place to share stories.
Since it was built 15 years ago, the VIFF Centre has been a place for communities to connect and share stories from around the world. With over 60,000 audience members experiencing 875 screenings and community events each year, VIFF fosters conversations, creativity and a better understanding of the world’s cultures through the art of cinema.
Now with even more to discover.
VIFF's stunning new space includes:
- A Studio Theatre that provides twice as many screening opportunities to showcase more local filmmakers. Films and unique events can be presented in an intimate setting.
- A fully resourced Education Suite for an expanded array of education and training opportunities for youth. Featuring non-theatrical projection, large AV screen and meeting facilities for workshops, seminars and more and increasing VIFF’s own educational program capabilities plus more access options for community partners and renters.
- A Media Lab to showcase and support the creation of new screen-based works. Experience new innovative forms of media arts and discover exciting VR/AR content creators.
- The Atrium event space for receptions, performances, conversations and collaborations. For a more comfortable and inviting space to enjoy pre and post event gatherings.
With more opportunities to share, explore and celebrate together, the reimagined VIFF Centre has tripled the presentation space making room for communities large and small to share stories, learn and engage. Our new home allows us to expand the range and diversity of programming, invite more community partnerships and provide more low-cost rental opportunities for filmmakers, community groups and other charities – all in line with our goal to increase access, equity, inclusion and diversity
Imagine the difference you can make.
As we embark on this ambitious vision laid out in the 2021-2023 Strategic Plan, supporters of the project will inspire others and play a critical role in helping to make this space into a place where creators, audiences and cultural community organizations can lean and evolve together.
This is how your support will impact the community:
- Provide an expanded variety of programming that will bring new audiences to VIFF and new stories to Vancouver audiences.
- Increase creation, collaboration and presentation opportunities and access to affordable space for more creators and community groups.
- Enhance the film-going experience for Vancouver film lovers with more screenings each week to celebrate the best in film.
- Allow for an expanded array of educational and training programmes for both young people and new filmmakers.
- Positively benefit the filmmaking community and allow the VIFF Centre to act as the heart of their professional community.
- Contribute to the long-term fiscal health of the organization with expanded revenue streams and diversified rental opportunities.
Any Questions? Send a note to email@example.com
*Gifts over $25 receive a tax-receipt.