Volunteer for VIFF 2022
Contribute to bringing the best in cinema to VIFF 2022.
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
View what volunteer teams each department is currently looking to fill below and review the role descriptions and requirements. The skills and availability necessary for each team are listed to help you determine what roles will work best for you.
Fill out the VIFF 2022 Volunteer Application. You will receive an email acknowledging your application once it has been received. Alumni Volunteers will also re-register through this application process.
3. Phone/Video Interview
You will receive an email from a member of the Volunteer Department to schedule your phone/video interview. Once you have completed a successful interview, you will be offered a position and scheduled for an orientation on a team that suits your skills, availability and needs.
- Lead Volunteers
- After a successful phone/video interview, Lead Volunteer applicants will be placed in a “pending” team awaiting an interview with the person’s specific Department. If a Lead applicant is selected for the Lead role, they will be placed on the Lead team. If they are not selected, they will be placed on another volunteer team matching their skills, availability, and needs.
After you have been accepted onto a team, you will receive a welcome email with a link to the Volunteer Handbook. This handbook has all the information you could ever want to know about the VIFF 2022 Volunteer Program! Please read this before your orientation.
You will be scheduled for your team orientation and training, which are mandatory for all volunteers – it is at these that you receive your volunteer package, meet staff members from the Volunteer Department, receive team-specific information and training, and review policies and procedures.
Once you are through the process and added to a team and orientation, the Volunteer Coordinator for your team will let you know when the schedule is posted. Please be patient – many of these staff persons do not begin until September!
Once the schedule is posted:
- You will receive a notification
- You must log-in to Shiftboard and select your own shifts
- Most teams have a minimum commitment of 3 shifts.
- Lead Volunteer commitments are around 30 hours.
- You must have an active email address that you check regularly – this is how we will contact you. Please add [email protected] to your address book to avoid emails ending up in your junk folder
- You must be 16 years or older to apply. Certain teams have higher age requirements. Review teams for details.
- Volunteer applications are reviewed in the order they are received. Please be patient as we receive a high volume of applications.
VIFF 2022 Volunteer Perks
Belong to an amazing group of film-lovers from around the world. With over 800 volunteers that will be part of our community, you are sure to find a new film-enthusiast friend!
1 x Ticket Voucher for each shift you volunteer. These Vouchers each have a unique, single-use code that you use to book your ticket in advance through our website for the Festival screening of your choice. You can use up to two tickets for the same screening!
Each volunteer receives a pass that allows them to join the Volunteer Pass Line or Standby Line if they are not using vouchers to watch a film. Use your pass to watch as many films in person as you wish!
Invitations to screenings, partner events, and Volunteer parties.
We are happy to provide our volunteers with a reference.