Health and Safety Guidelines at VIFF Centre
The health and safety of our staff, visitors, and volunteers is our top priority and we will follow BC Provincial Health Officer (PHO)’s restrictions and guidelines to help make your time at the VIFF Centre as safe as possible.
This information is subject to change, so check back for the latest updates before buying your ticket or visiting.
Updated as of April 8, 2022.
In accordance with the BC Provincial Health Officer’s easing of event restrictions, the Vancity Theatre is now operating at 100% capacity. For the comfort of patrons, the Studio Theatre is operating at 75% capacity for VIFF programmed screenings.
Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination is no longer required to enter the VIFF Centre.
- Wearing a mask is a personal choice. Masks are encouraged but not required while inside the VIFF Centre.
- All VIFF staff and volunteers are encouraged but not required to wear face masks.
- A focus on regular cleaning of high-contact areas, such as door handles, countertops, railings, elevator buttons, customer service barriers, and debit terminals.
- Thorough cleaning of the restrooms before, during, and after each screening.
- After-hours rigorous cleaning of the venue.
Engaging with Employees
VIFF employees are instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell, and will be sent home immediately if they begin to feel unwell during their shift. VIFF has offered all staff an increased number of sick days to encourage them to follow this guideline.
We recommend that patrons purchase tickets online (viff.org) in advance when possible. In the case that the advance tickets are not entirely sold out the remaining tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the Box Office before each screening.
- Online ticket sales end one hour before each screening.
- The Box Office will open 60 minutes before the first screening of the day.
- Debit and Credit sales are preferred, but cash will still be accepted.
- We request that patrons requiring wheelchair positions call ahead to reserve. The adjacent companion seat is also available to reserve. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at [email protected].
- If you feel unwell, particularly if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we request that you please stay home. If you have purchased an advance ticket contact us for a refund. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at [email protected].
- If you are purchasing a ticket, line up outside the Box Office window (on the right side of our main entrance.) If you already have a ticket for the screening line up outside the double doors on the left side of our main entrance.
- VIFF Centre staff and volunteers will assist with seating in the theatre.
- We have reduced our menu options to speed concession transactions.
- Popcorn continues to be available! Other items include: Soft drinks, beer, wine and assorted cinema treats.
- There will be no self-serve stations and we are not allowing reusable cups.
Washrooms & Hand Sanitizer
- Hand hygiene signage is posted in the washrooms to encourage guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Thorough cleaning of the restrooms will be conducted before, during, and after each screening.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the venue.
Leaving the Theatre
- We request that you take your garbage with you and dispose of it in receptacles outside the theatre.
- Maintain physical distance on your way out. Thanks for your patience and for respecting your fellow VIFF Centre guests!