Health and Safety Guidelines at VIFF Centre
The health and safety of our staff, visitors, and volunteers is our top priority and we will follow BC Provincial Health Officer (PHO)’s restrictions and guidelines to help make your time at the VIFF Centre as safe as possible.
This information is subject to change, so check back for the latest updates before buying your ticket or visiting.
In accordance with the BC Provincial Health Officer’s easing of event restrictions, the VIFF Centre is now operating at 100% capacity.
- Wearing a mask is a personal choice. Masks are welcomed but not required while inside the VIFF Centre.
- All VIFF staff and volunteers are welcome to but not required to wear face masks.
Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination is no longer required to enter the VIFF Centre.
Washrooms & Hand Sanitizer
- Hand hygiene signage is posted in the washrooms to encourage guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the venue.
Engaging with Employees
VIFF employees are instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell, and will be sent home immediately if they begin to feel unwell during their shift. VIFF has offered all staff an increased number of sick days to encourage them to follow this guideline.
We recommend that patrons purchase tickets online (viff.org) in advance when possible. In the case that the advance tickets are not entirely sold out the remaining tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the Box Office before each screening.
- Online ticket sales end one hour before each screening.
- The Box Office will open 60 minutes before the first screening of the day.
- Debit and Credit sales are preferred, but cash will still be accepted.
- We request that patrons requiring wheelchair positions call ahead to reserve. The adjacent companion seat is also available to reserve. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at [email protected].
- If you feel unwell, particularly if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we request that you please stay home. If you have purchased an advance ticket contact us for a refund. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at [email protected].
- If you are purchasing a ticket, line up outside the Box Office window (on the right side of our main entrance.) If you already have a ticket for the screening line up outside the double doors on the left side of our main entrance.
- VIFF Centre staff and volunteers will assist with seating in the theatre.
Leaving the Theatre
- We request that you take your garbage with you and dispose of it in receptacles outside the theatre.
Thanks for your patience and for respecting your fellow VIFF Centre guests!